Choosing the right baby boy name is one of the most important decisions new parents make. Whether you want to go with a modern name that will allow your child to grow into their own identity or choose a traditional name with an important historical meaning, there are many options available.
A few trends to keep in mind when picking your son’s name include the following:
1. Symbolic names are growing in popularity. Luca is a great example, which has been popularized by Colin Firth and his Italian wife, as well as TV host Stacey Solomon and cleaning sensation Mrs Hinch. Other symbolic names include Rex (loved by actor Jason Momoa), Levi (said to have been influenced by the famous brand of jeans) and Bodhi (which has been inspired by enlightenment).
2. Old-fashioned names are having a comeback. Names such as Oliver and Benjamin are rising in popularity.
3. Unique names are also on the rise. Names like Royal, Loyal and Chosen saw large increases in popularity from 2021 to 2022.
4. Animal names are also making a comeback. Names such as Wolf and Falcon are popular with celebrities including Zooey Deschanel, Kylie Jenner, and Lauren Conrad. Other options include Fox, Bear, Lynx and Tiger.
5. Religious names are also a trend to consider. If you want to give your son a spiritual name, choose a traditional option such as Jude or Michael, or go with an abbreviated version of a city or state like Dallas or Brooklyn.