If you wish to move beyond just ordering the normal white sheet cake at your usual grocery store, you can design the birthday cake by yourself using some tools available online. A custom made cake is surely the best bet if you want to add something special to a birthday party. It is also a thoughtful idea for a backyard party of kids or maybe some “Over the hill” theme event.
Instructions for designing a birthday cake on the Internet are the following:
1. Select a website such as FergusonPlarre.com or other sites which have “design a cake” program.
2. In the beginning select the type of a cake you desire a regular, sponge or angel food cake. Also decide the flavor of the cake. It is possible that the program for birthday cake designs does not possess the exact options you wish to use. In this case select one of them and let the bakery know about your special choice later. Also choose special filling or just the basic frosting for your cake if you desire.
3. Now decide the size and shape (rectangular, square or round) of your cake. Most of the cakes are available in the size that ranges between 8 to 16 inches in width.
4. Select the color for the cake that will match the party theme.
5. Choose the design for the top of the cake. It is also possible to add your photo (or image text) or alternatively select from the predesigned alternatives. Upload a blank white image in case you do not want an image for displaying on the top. Ensure that the design is a contrast against the general color you choose for your cake.
6. You can enter a custom message of “Happy Birthday” on the top of the cake. It is also possible to have no text written on the top of it.
7. Now view the cake to verify that it is as per your wish. You can also make tweaks and use the change options. Whenever you are done with this, you can order the cake either from the same online provider or print the design on your PC and take the design to your local cake shop for its production. Cakes Sydney